CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crash under Ubuntu 14.04

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Crossover 19 and am now receiving the following error under Ubuntu 14.04

PythonArgs: ['/opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover']
Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover", line 168, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover", line 161, in main
GUI = crossoverui.open_or_show(options.restore)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossoverui.py", line 43, in open_or_show
DIALOG = CrossOver(restore)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossoverui.py", line 102, in init
self.crossover_gui.add_from_file(cxguitools.get_ui_path("crossover"))
gi._glib.GError: /opt/cxoffice/lib/python/glade/crossover.ui:906:65 <object> requires attribute "id"

Any thoughts on what's going on? Thanks!

Hi Craig,

I suspect you might be running into this problem because CrossOver 19 switched from requiring python2 to python3. Making sure that you have a working version of python3 installed could fix the issue.

Thanks,
Anna

I have the same issue, and have python 3.4 installed ;

There must be a particular package or alternatives setting required to set correct gi._glib library for python3 ?
Suggestions welcome ? In the meantime I had to go back to 18.5...

Craig, Did you resolve your issue? Please share ?

Hi all,
I have the same issue with OpenSuSe 15.1 😥
Can't get it running and I get the error message,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./crossover", line 168, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "./crossover", line 161, in main
    GUI = crossoverui.open_or_show(options.restore)
  File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossoverui.py", line 43, in open_or_show
    DIALOG = CrossOver(restore)
  File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossoverui.py", line 103, in __init__
    self.crossover_gui.connect_signals(self)
ValueError: Pointer arguments are restricted to integers, capsules, and None. See: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=683599

Does anyone have a solution to fix it?

The current system requirements for CrossOver 19 are listed here: https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-linux/requirements The oldest version of Ubuntu that we officially support is 16.04.

The gtk version requirement was updated as well as the python version -- that might be another thing to check on your systems. I don't want to discourage anyone from trying to get CrossOver 19 working with older systems than that; I just want to give you as much information as possible about what we know :)

I not my post asking for more information was completely ignored, and could
have had a similar response. I am inclined to cease paying for crossover support.

Thanks Anna for the support.
In my case the problem came from the PyGObject with a missing library... So the GUI of CrossOver is now working perfectly well!
Thanks!
Cheers!

I'm also having the same issue on Ubuntu 14.04 and opened a support ticket about it about a month ago (#1242012), which hasn't been answered.

While I too resorted to rolling back to Crossover 18.5, the information in that page with the system requirements doesn't seem to be completely correct (e.g. can the current version of Crossover be run with Python 2.7?). Yet is it the case that one would need to manually install newer versions of Python (i.e. >= 3.5 versus 3.4), GTK (>= 3.18 vs. 3.10) and PyGObject (>= 3.20 vs. 3.12) for Crossover 19.0 to work, or is something else missing?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2hwclhaUEtxc3RGWFFmYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9