CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Linux Install Bombs at MS True Type Font EULA

System is Asus C302 Chromebook unning Ubuntu 16.04 under crouton. I have a lot of Linux programs installed on this machine and they all run perfectly. Crossover installer is a freshly downloaded crossover_19.0.1-1.deb. Installation command is sudo dpkg -i Downloads/crossover_19.0.1-1.deb.

Everything looks fine until a Microsoft EULA window for true type fonts pops up. It has no "Accept" button. Pressing Enter does not accept the EULA. When I close the EULA window, installation aborts. I cannot see anyway around this.

I also have Crossover installed on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and I had no problem installing it on that machine. But for a variety of reasons, I want to run Crossover on my Linux machine.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!

Pat Anderson

This might be a stupid suggestion, but have you tried scrolling through the EULA all the way to the end?
Sometimes these things require that you have displayed all the text before offering an accept button ...

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I have - no joy. What actually shows up, which I failed to correctly describe is the word OK like this

<OK>

Enter does not activate it nor does clicking on it. I think my install would go fine if I could just get past this window.

I have also tried alt+Enter, ctrl+ enter, and shift+enter, none of which does anything.

Have you tried pressing Tab and seeing if the <OK> gets highlighted? If it does, press enter then.

Never thought to try pressing tab - that might have worked.

BUT we can ring down the curtain on this one! For whatever reason, at some point CrossOver appeared in the Ubuntu Applications menu and I have installed a couple of Windoze programs. They are both "unlisted" programs but they load, open the file type they are designed for and display the file contents, so I know I now have a working Linux CrossOver installation.

How this worked without accepting the MS font EULA I have no idea!

Thanks for the responses!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEtSUG1YUmFTUGc4cnR6bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9