CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Update Question

Good afternoon!

After much trial and error with various other solution for getting Office 2016 running (need it for work) - I tried the trial and it just worked, easy peesy. So obviously, I subbed!

Now, I've been a more casual - off and on again type Linux person (average experience, maybe) - so I know there are ways to add repos and have it pull down updates for software, curious what the method is for updating CX?

I set options in Preferences for pulling down updated scripts - but what about major releases?

You're talking about going from 18 to 19 right? I don't think I've ever been ask this question before or even tried updating a installed version. that being said on linux you need to download the the new version package on the my download page from there website.

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/update

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicWVyYzViRnpjZmVNYk1hNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9