CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Word + Zotero or Mendeley Integration?

Anyone else using citation management software like EndNote, Zotero or Mendeley in MSWord on Crossover Linux?
I could never get Endnote to run, so gave up on it years ago.
Zotero installs fine into my bottle and the standalone application works well. It syncs up with my online library.
The Word Integration plugin seems to install fine and the icons are there, but trying to insert a citation for example just throws an error.

Wonder if anyone found a way to make it work. It would sure save a lot of effort.

Clicking any of the Zotero buttons throws this error

Zotero Integration Error
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?

(Clicking OK doesn't do anything)

Any ideas? Thanks

If you have a working installation of MS Office 2010, then

1. Download Zotero 5.0.58
  2. Complete setup in the bottle with MS Office 2010
  3. Launch Word and Zotero and close them
  4. Download modified Zotero.dotm
  5. Copy downloaded Zotero.dotm to ~/.cxoffice/your_bottle_with_MS_Office_and_Zotero/drive_c/users/%user_name%/Application\ Data/Microsoft/Word/STARTUP/
  6. In Zotero Edit -> Settings -> Advanced -> Configuration editor -> set app.update.auto FALSE, otherwise Zotero gets autoupdated to a non working version and you have to redo steps 2 to 5 again (in that case call helper.exe in the Zotero folder in your bottle).
    Hope it helps, thanks to those who found this solution.

That's brilliant, thanks. It kinda works.
Doesn't see my Zotero library though -- any ideas how to make it see my library?
Weirdly, it sees libraries shared with me, but not my own.
Certainly better than before when it didn't work at all.

Following up on this in the hope that someone has figured out a better way to get Zotero to work on crossover.
The version discussed above is no longer able to sync my libraries as it's too old.
This is the only thing I need Windows for atm, I have to put files in onedrive then go over to a Windows machine to set references.

Anyone know how to get a recent (i.e., usable) version of Zotero working in Word 2010 or 365 on Crossover Office?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiazJrVVMzbkJ5UWtKcjZoMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9