CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not enough Disk Space When there is enough

I am trying to install a 1999 "Arthur's Thinking Games" and the installer thinks that I don't have enough free space on the drive. I have plenty of free space so I am trying to figure out how I can trick the installer so that it sees that there is enough space?

Here is a link to the picture:
https://twitter.com/CubicleNate/status/1633523782672592896?s=20

I am thinking there has to be a way to make it work.

Thanks!

I suppose Crossover reports the space available in the home partition to windows programs. There may be a specific bug when Crossover talks with this program. The question is: Although your hard disk has lots of space, does the home partition have space? Some Linux installations use different partitions for root directory, home directory and others. Just a possibility....

I can't say for sure how Crossover reports the space to the application. My guess is that when this program was released the way the software would compute the free disk space was based on a 32bit based filesystem and therefore thinks there isn't enough space based on that. I have seen this with using large storage on vintage machines. I am using BTRFS on openSUSE Tumbleweed with a single physical partition with subvolumes. I am not sure how to investigate the issue.

Truly, what I am trying to do is not particularly interesting. I really just want to use these old education bits of software that I find more interesting than the web based stuff today.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEN1cVFiWlRRR2tubmtiQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9