CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

pluginserver.exe

Hello,
recently, I installed CrossOver Pro on OpenSuSE Linux 11.4 in order to get MyPhoneExplorer to run. It didn't start, so i decided to install serveral runtime components to see if it will work then. I assumed that it only affects the specified bottle.

But since then, there is sometimes a popup saying that pluginserver.exe fails to load. Probably correspondig to this, my Firefox (Linux!) won't play any Youtube videos. I guess it is because anything in firefox's add-on management got confused by this. Renamimg /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine/pluginserver.exe.so did not fix it.

Does anybody have a clue what could went wrong, and how I can get

1. Firefox work again as it did before
  2. MyPhoneExplorer work
    ?

TIA.

boris,

this suggestion would be a drastic move as far as your current firefox configuration goes, since you would be blasting it all away, but you could try (as a last resort) purging firefox, then reinstalling firefox fresh from scratch. in terminal enter this command string:

sudo apt-get purge firefox (ready, aim, fire!)

if you do decide to take the plunge, it would be a good idea to backup your current firefox bookmarks file away somewhere(bookmarks....json file). also jot down the names of all of the add-ons you currently have installed.

after purging... sudo apt-get install firefox

nick

Hi...

...somewhat distantly related, this happened to me last week on the Debian6
here, but the caveats are that I was using a tip build (nightly) and I use the
.bin installer (I'm the only user of the machine). What worked in that case
was simply blowing away the cxoffice installation (rm -fr ~/cxoffice), and then
reinstalling crossover (but not a tip build, latest current instead) ; this
fixed the issue. I must admit I should've looked at the actual -cause- of it
all, but didn't (I'm used to tip builds being wild and untamed =), and I'm
somewhat surprised the issue manifest itself with the current release...curious...

Cheers!

If you go into Crossover's Manage Bottles menu and de-enable the flash plugin within Control Panel>edit plugins for any/all bottles, this should solve the problem.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN3ZrRUpRdDlRV3dnNXNCNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9