CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New user needs help with obscure app

Hello all. I'm a new user of CrossOver Linux. I'm on a Ubuntu 10.04 box.

I have a Windows app called cslesson. It generates lessons for the Christian Science community. I've installed it in CrossOver, and it seems to install just fine. But when I try to run the app, I get a "File not found" error. For the record, I get the same error message when I try to run it under Wine, but it works just fine using VirtualBox OSE. I much prefer the CrossOver interface, and hope to find a way to fix this problem.

The app is freeware. I've uploaded the file to http://www.box.com/s/0mkqyx5l0t3vslvvb9dy -- is there a brave soul out there who is willing to download the file (just over 2 meg) and see if there's some way to find out why it isn't working under CrossOver?

Many thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Needle
jeff.needle@gmail.com

...the program is expecting a 16bit software environment more
or less ; it looks for a 16bit shell ; the 'file not found'
error seems to relate to the need for;

http://www.c-bit.org/frame.ms-faq/Q/110104/EN-US/

..as winetech is more focused on 32bit userland, I doubt it'll
run this app -- possibly a win3.1x instance hoisted in an i386
emulator would work ; perhaps DOSBox or VirtualBox etc could do
something like this for you...

HTH

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmJuWnY3UlI4dkFkclVXSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9