CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Paid CrossOver for linux ?

Hello Sir ,

im very interesting to buy your software but i want to know about something ... the product license just for 6 months ? or its unlimited but without support ..

thank you

Hi,

Did you ever get an answer to this?

I have been searching all over the internet and could find an answer. Im looking to install Microsoft office 2010 Proffessional Plus (HUP copy) on linux mint 12 machine. Not willing to keep paying though - once is enough.

Cheers,

Hughs

It would seem this detail was left out when we put our new site in place. My apologies.

The "Support Period" that comes with your purchase of CrossOver includes the ability to write in a ticket for support. It also includes and updates or fixes released for CrossOver during that time.

When that time is up, you can still email us with questions (info@codeweavers.com) but these emails are considered low priority (we still get to them rather quickly). You will no longer receive updates or fixes for CrossOver.

BUT... even after your support period has ended, CrossOver will continue to work on your system. If you purchase a copy of CrossOver and it works well for the software you'd like to run on your Mac, you never have to upgrade or purchase another support period. You will be able to access our site and download your entitlement at any time.

Edit

And now I've found the link, just as I was about to send an email asking what had happened to it.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/faq/truth/

The section you're looking for is called "Tangible things you will get in the future:"

Expanding on Caron's reply, I've not found it necessary to upgrade every time a new version of CrossOver comes out. The CrossOver version you buy today will continue to work forever. You may find that at some point in the future you will have to replace MS Office 2010 with something more recent, and when that happens you may or may not have to upgrade your version of CrossOver. But that's to be expected.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEZLaFZOTUZZR2N5a0h1NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9