CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need Help Setting Up Crossover To Save New Bottles To Seperate HDD On Ubuntu 11.04

Hello

I just made the switch to fulltime linux using ubuntu 11.10 and im enoying it...
The only issue I have at the moment is im using a OCZ petrol 64 GB HDD as my os drive, needless to say I dont want to bog this down with crossover bottles... So what i would like to do is set it up to save new bottles on my 1TB secondary drive...

Now im asking for help cause as i said im fairly new to linux and a bit terminal shy... So if someone could please help a newb out I will make sure to pay it foreward..

Thank you

I think this is what you're looking for...

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-pro/cxbottlepath

Essentially, it explains how to move things, along with terminal commands if needed. If you want to move files in a GUI, take note that most desktop envirements use < ctrl+h > to show hiddend files. Any file beginning with "." will be a hidden file.

Just FYI, you could have assigned your " /home " partition to your 1TB drive during the installation of your distro, leaving your other drive with only system files and nothing else. That would also have avoided you needing to move the bottles. In the installer, you would have been given the choice if you went for the "custom" partitionning. Details would be in the documentation, or ask on the forum.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkFRZlpiOVV2elBYc1R6cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9