CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Solarc RightAngle Software (I think I had this in the wrong forum before.) :)

Hi Everyone, My name is Russell and I have been using Crossover at home for about a year now and I love it. At work I am a Database/Systems Administrator. Which brings me to my question. At work we are test making the switch from Windows to Linux on as many of are Desktops, Laptops and VDI's as possible (approx. 350 to 450). One hold up we are having is the Solarc Rightangle Client program. It requires .NET 4 which is known not to work at this time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get .NET 4 to work on Linux. And please do not say use a virtual Windows instance, for the record we want to get rid of Windows once and for all if possible.

Thank You, Russell

About .Net4...

Out of sheer morbid curiousity, I tried to install it with winetricks, and it installed. Is .NET4 actually usefull in any way, I have no idea as I have nothing to use it with. I also don't know how badly it screws up the bottle, so do use a new bottle for your experiment.

In any case, once you have winetricks on your system...

WINEPREFIX=~/.cxoffice/[i]YOUR_BOTTLE_HERE[i] winetricks dotnet40

You'll need to do it twice, as the first time fails. If you can't do it again because it says .NET is already there, use...

WINEPREFIX=~/.cxoffice/[i]YOUR_BOTTLE_HERE[i] winetricks --force dotnet40

Good luck with trying the rest of your software...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR0NwVEhZbWFTUlNOcFdyMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9