CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mechwarrior Online

I need this digital crack to work. How can I help? (paid founder btw)

I have no doubt that you are a legitimate owner of the software, but please understand that for legal reasons we really can't have any discussion of DRM circumvention on our website.

By "digital crack", I think Mr. Schott is referring to the game itself. In other words, that the game is addictive as crack. I don't think he was promoting "cracks" as in circumvention software.

I just wish I had that game...

Good point - the addictive drug comparison angle hadn't occurred to me, I'm so used to patrolling for references to the other kind of crack...

J-P Simard wrote:

By "digital crack", I think Mr. Schott is referring to the game
itself. In other words, that the game is addictive as crack. I
don't think he was promoting "cracks" as in circumvention software.

I just wish I had that game...

Yes, that was what I was referring to. Besides a DRM crack would be pointless in an MMO for most purposes :P

But, seriously, when can I get my fix? I am fiending bro! Its a complete downer to have to fire up Mic... Micr... that other OS.

As to ownership, the game is set for public beta shortly. But to be honest, its buggy. If you arent a hardcore boardgame version addict, its painful at times. Although some of my pain is ... that other OS.

If you want instant access, they have a buy in program which I took part in. From $30 (I think) to $120 (what I slapped down, see the crack correlation here) you get perks such as 1-4 of special mechs and ingame moolah.

Yeah, I get you about that "other OS". I have a licence for "7", but I have grown very much intolerant of its many idiotic "problems". I'm almost at the point of having hives break out when thinking about booting it. Just the need to reboot and wait for just about every single update is madening...

Anyway, I've signed up for the beta. If I get in, I might be more usefull to you in getting the thing running. I had a copy of a mechwarrior game somewhere in the series, and I really liked it. This might be fun, but I'm not convinced I want to drop a buck just yet.

Anyway, good luck getting it running in wine...

J-P Simard wrote:

Yeah, I get you about that "other OS". I have a licence for "7",
but I have grown very much intolerant of its many idiotic
"problems". I'm almost at the point of having hives break out when
thinking about booting it. Just the need to reboot and wait for
just about every single update is madening...

Anyway, I've signed up for the beta. If I get in, I might be more
usefull to you in getting the thing running. I had a copy of a
mechwarrior game somewhere in the series, and I really liked it.
This might be fun, but I'm not convinced I want to drop a buck just
yet.

Anyway, good luck getting it running in wine...

Thanks for your best wishes. And don't feel bad about your license to the M... other OS. I just plopped over 2K on several 8 licenses for a client's VM server. Thankfully by new years' I will be repaid, but ...

I don't feel bad, I just don't like the damn'd thing! ;)

Well, they accepted me in the beta, so I guess I'll be foolin' around to get this running. I'm really not convinced my skill are sufficient, but I will give it a go.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieWFFRkZwc0o3eUh2ejhHTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9