CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

winetricks / wineserver not found

Hi, I want to use some software which uses the .NET4 Framework and googling a bit turns out, that it is possible with winetricks and everything to run it on Wine..

So I installed winetricks, but it says wineserver not found.

Can someone help getting winetricks to work with the current crossover version (on Fedora 17 64bit).

Hello,

Usually is not good idea to use winetricks with crossover, instead use it with wine. If you still want to use it with an existing crossover bottle use:

env WINEPREFIX=/home/xyz/.cxoffice/bottle winetricks but you need to have wine installed and try to use a version similar to the provided with crossover. If you want to use the wine included with crossover you need to modify winetrick to point to cxoffice/bin/wine

Regards,
Carlos

Have you tried mono?

http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility

No I didn't...

I'll give it a try...

and... I provided winetricks with the correct path to the correct bottle but it dosn't find the wineserver which is afaik not the bottle...

You said I nee to modify winetricks to point to cxoffice/bin/wine
where/how do I do that (which line?) and can you provide the full path to cxoffice/bin/wine ? (running fedora 17 here if it matters)

Ok Mono works fine for me :D

no need for the winetricks anymore thank you

Frederik Berg wrote:

No I didn't...

I'll give it a try...

and... I provided winetricks with the correct path to the correct
bottle but it dosn't find the wineserver which is afaik not the
bottle...

You said I nee to modify winetricks to point to cxoffice/bin/wine
where/how do I do that (which line?) and can you provide the full
path to cxoffice/bin/wine ? (running fedora 17 here if it matters)

[root@fedora17desk ~]# locate cxoffice/bin/wine
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine-preloader
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineloader
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineprefixcreate
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineserver
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineshelllink
[root@fedora17desk ~]#

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHZmcXJjRW5RODdudFFtWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9