CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

11.3.1 over 7.0.1?

Have been away from the forums for awhile. Did not take advantage of the last free offer since I had just purchased a Pro version a few months prior. While the one and only Windows app I run on a daily basis (Forte Agent) still runs great 7.0.1 is getting a bit old and on the rare occasions I try other apps they never seem to fully work.

Have done an internal archive up of my one important bottle and also backed up my entire cxoffice (74.4 MB) and .cxoffice (1.9 GB) to another hard drive. 99% certain this is single user rather than a shared install...

Anything else I should know / do before installing? RPM on an embarrassingly old version of Mandriva. (Hate the new KDE! Waiting on the port of Trinity to be completed...)

And thank you Codeweavers!

V11 over V7 ? - Gee - that's a big jump 😐

But since you have backed_up your 'one & only bottle'

• you would be better off, - with a 'clean install'

• then restore your back_up & see just how well it works . . .

Thanks! When I uninstalled 7.0.1 it offered the choice to leave the bottles so I did not have to restore backups. RPM would not install (error: failed to stat /home/me/.gvfs: Permission denied) but the .bin version installed just fine.

A couple of extremely minor glitches with Forte Agent went away, so as far as I am concerned Agent is now %100!

Remember to Rank the game in compatibility database

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmd1cHFaOTVWV1JYZFNFQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9