CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is there a PATH variable within Crossover XI?

I am trying to use a program originally written under Windows 2000, which has an integrated connector to Access 98 .mdb files. The application installs, but when the installation is finished, it cannot find the .mdb files.

I contacted the support engineer for the software, and got the following response:

"We see the error can't find DDMdata when the user not an administrator on the PC."

I understqnd groups are not implemented, but is there a PATH variable within Crossover XI that I can alter to make sure the .mdb files are in the application's path?

I am excited that my boss has finally allowed me to bring Windows applications over to Linux. Long time coming!

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I'm not sure if PATH is really what you want. CrossOver will use the system PATH in general, but that's just for finding executable programs. It sounds like the program is trying to open some .mdb file but can't find it, or decides it's not an administrator, or something similar.

These sorts of problems can sometimes be puzzled out, but it is tricky.

I'd recommend that you start by running the application with logging turned on. You an do that by invoking cxoffice/bin/cxrun (aka 'Run a Windows Command'). Select debug options, create a log file, and add the '+file' option.

The resulting file should give you a sense of what files the application is trying to open, and maybe give you a clue as to what is failing.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnZLWnNSRmI5dlBMTnl2TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9