CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Delete entry "crossover" when removable media has been inserted

How can I do this? I use lubuntu 12.10, thanks!

Antonio David Gellida Lavara wrote:

How can I do this? I use lubuntu 12.10, thanks!

Where are you seeing this happen?

When I insert a pendrive

That's happening because your pendrive has an .exe on it. Quite a few USB sticks/pendrives/external hard drives actually come with windows executables on them in order to run little proprietary apps. There isn't a good way to remove this entry without just totally removing the .exe association from Crossover, and you definitely don't want to do that.

As long as your USB stick has an .exe file on it, Crossover will be shown as an option when your OS gives you a "you've just inserted a USB device, what do you want to do?" dialog. You can either switch off this auto-prompt in your OS (thereby turning off that window asking you what you want to do), remove the .exe file from the USB stick (if it's not needed), or just ignore the fact that Crossover is presented as an option in this dialog window.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTZNUWtrVmVzTEFiNDJ2ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9