CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Call of Duty using original game CDs

Crossover only appears to support installing COD via Steam. A previous attempt to install it from the original CDs failed according to the report.
I have installed COD in Crossover using the original CDs and it's a kludge (and I took a shortcut and used that forbidden no-cd thing because of the CD detection issue and I was tired of screwing with it), but the game runs just fine.

I've written about that journey in my Linux blog. Call of Duty on Modern Linux

It may or may not be worth pursuing, but I've discovered some of the barriers and found that it can be done. I'm just not certain if the needs of the installation can be addressed by Codeweavers.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWE5hckZKcm13a01ZSFh1WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9