CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover installation fails on 17.10

Hey,

i just tried to install crossover via the terminal with gdebi like it is described on the homepage.
I ran into an error after the installation of all dependencies during the installation of crossover:i386.
The terminal show this:

Entpacken von crossover:i386 (16.2.5-1) ...
crossover:i386 (16.2.5-1) wird eingerichtet ...
/usr/bin/env: »python“: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes crossover:i386 (--install):
Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 127 zurück
Trigger für doc-base (0.10.7) werden verarbeitet ...
1 hinzugefügte Doc-base-Datei wird verarbeitet...
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
crossover:i386

I am sorry that the output is in german.
I hope someone as a clue how to fix this.

With kind regards
David

Hi David,

I had a similar problem with my install. I had to repair my packages, mark Crossover for complete removal and then re-install. This seemed to work in so far as the installation is concerned, including dependencies, however I am still trying to get Crossover itself to work and to appear in the menu.

I hop this is of some help to you.

Regards,

Chris

apt update && apt -f install
That should fix it.
Greetings,
Chris

I take it as this is Ubuntu 17.10 ..... I haven't tried it yet as I wanted to install it on a new drive

I get the same error on 17.10:

Fetched 423 kB in 1s (228 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up crossover:i386 (16.2.0-1) ...
/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package crossover:i386 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
crossover:i386
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

NM, I fixed it... Apparently, the new apt-get that comes with Ubuntu 17.10 doesn't detect that python is not install and try to install it. I apt-get installed python3 and it worked without issue.

Thanks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFBLNmNjTDlSN1hXSkt1SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9