CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't access internet on 64-bit Fedora

I just installed a CrossOver 17 trial on my 64-bit Fedora 27 workstation and I can't get any Windows application to access the internet. I tried with vanilla wine directly with the same result. I have, as best as I can tell, followed the suggested wine-on-64-bit directions and installed the various 32-bit libraries. I have also disabled SELinux and Firewalld, all to no avail. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing?

Hi Jason, I'm also running F27 64-bit and Crossover 17, connecting to net successfully from Mozilla/Firefox/Wine Browser through wireless or usb based ethernet. Are you behind a proxy at all? I couldn't get IE 8 to work behind a proxy at all and installed Firefox 45 into the bottle instead as it has proxy support that IE didn't. Are you getting a unique error at all?

Thanks for responding! I've tried on wireless and wired network (all built-in, no USB), and I'm not behind a proxy. Kind of at a loss. I've tried removing and reinstalling both wine and CrossOver with no luck. :\

IF you can't access Internet from any Windows program, BOTH on Crossover and Wine, but I suppose you can from native Linux programs and it is not a firewall or proxy problem, I can think only 2 things: Problem with permissions / groups for some portions of wine / crossover OR more likely some library must be missing...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia2RDRUh3QmNVcEhjSDNYNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9