CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

battle.net heroes of the storm
  1. day old linux user here, taking the leap from win10.

Just installed Battle.Net and from there Heroes of the Storm and thought it would run with some glitches, but it won't run at all.
The game interface is extremly laggy and when pressing play it just hangs.

How do I enable some better GFX drivers for my Nvidia 1060 card ?
I do have the latest drivers installed and activated.

cheers
-T

Welcome to the club!

It would help if we knew what distro you are running this on.

I am having a similar problem. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 latest version of Crossover. Battle.net installed fine, Heroes loaded fine (everything looks good) I am actually able to move through the menus quite swiftly but when I try to enter a match, it loads the screen, appears to start then crashes back to Battle.net launcher...

Wondering if I should try downloading the "WoW" build of Crossover?

Supposing that both of you are on Ubuntu, are you using the drivers from the Ubuntu repositories or a PPA, or the installer from Nvidia (if for an Nvidia card). The drivers from Ubuntu's repos are notoriously out of date. It might be worth the effort of getting the newest drivers.

nVIdia drivers v. 396 are needed for recent games.

Also, you need a wine build with Vulkan because these games are dropping DirectX 9 support. Vulkan supports DirectX 11 and 12. Though CodeWeavers helped in the development of Steam Play, that runs nearly all Windows Steam games with Vulkan, they did not include Vulkan in Crossover... yet!

Meanwhile, you can try PlayOnLinux or pure wine with some build that includes dxvk.

I still coldn't make time to put my Starcraft II to work, but I will!

Good luck!

J-P Simard wrote:

Supposing that both of you are on Ubuntu, are you using the drivers
from the Ubuntu repositories or a PPA, or the installer from Nvidia
(if for an Nvidia card). The drivers from Ubuntu's repos are
notoriously out of date. It might be worth the effort of getting the
newest drivers.

Yep, running nVIDIA. It says I'm running v 396.24 ... the search continues. :) Thanks for the response though!

Silvio M Kozasa wrote:

nVIdia drivers v. 396 are needed for recent games.
Also, you need a wine build with Vulkan because these games are
dropping DirectX 9 support. Vulkan supports DirectX 11 and 12.
Though CodeWeavers helped in the development of Steam Play, that
runs nearly all Windows Steam games with Vulkan, they did not
include Vulkan in Crossover... yet!

hmmmm... I don't suppose they are going to implement this any time soon? I'll go ahead and download PlayOnLinux and Wine. I just recently converted from Windows 10, but I'm not scared of getting my hands dirty or blowing up my install as I learn (actually, it's kinda fun, reminds me of when I first started when TRS-80 machines were actually something)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVjJzQWVlcTlRbnhjcHBWciIsImdkcHIiOjB9