CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover is asking for a disk

Hey,

Using crossover 18.5 when installing software it says to me insert the disk into the drive and press enter
I'M using an installer file, not a cd but it still asks for it. I've installed this software before in crossover so i
went back to crossover 18.1 and I get the same error now.

I think you have selected the wrong installer option.

If your installer is available from an ISO you need to mount it, then select your installer executable.

If your installer starts and then requires an ISO it might be hard coded into the executable.

Another option - to replace your re-installation - is to export your working application bottle - save it on external media for later import.

This would save you some trouble 😯

Thank you for your reply.

The installer is a .exe file that's why I can't understand what crossover is doing. Crossover installed it fine using 18.1 but in 18.5 it has always said that and when I reinstall 18.1 it now says that.

Solved. I downloaded a new copy of the trial of the software i'm installing and it just installed don't know what is wrong with the one i had but the new one installed.

Thank you for your help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiazRDTmJ3TlhjZEZYU1ZOYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9