CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem with MissingLibGphoto2Port / MissingGStreamer1Bad and does cuda work in CrossOver for Debian 10

Hi
I just manger install Debian 10 (buster) as i like it.

I install CrossOver i got few issue

[MissingLibGphoto2Port]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2_port.so.10 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

Debian does not have libgphoto2_port.so.10 any longer it have libgphoto2_port.so.12

[MissingGStreamer1Bad]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="The gst-plugins-bad 32 bit GStreamer plugins appears to be missing"
"Description"="These GStreamer plugins may be needed by some games and multimedia applications to play audio and/or video content"

I am getting follow error
root@predator:~# apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad:i386
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad:i386 : Depends: libmjpegutils-2.1-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmpeg2encpp-2.1-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmplex2-2.1-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Next question is it possible run nvidia cuda in crossover ??
and how ?

I use Ubuntu and on libgphoto2_port.so.10 they use a newer version so I get an error on this don't think it hurts as it's still there but unless you're using a camera on Crossover it shouldn't matter I don't think. But you can find a >deb of it and just install it that way. You also need to go to your package manager and fix the broken packages and if you haven't added 32 bit support you need to do this also. Running nvidia cuda i don't know about I'm sorry on this one.

Maybe this will help you fix some of the errors anyway.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFhxRW42RVNVUWMyS0x1WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9