CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does everyone see only message about using Crossfire on multiple computers under license status, or just me?

When I tried to troubleshoot Rootsmagic persistently freezing on opening in CrossOver, when I tried to check to see something didn't go goofy with my license status, it didn't tell me anything at all about my license status. Instead, I just got a message saying naughty, naughty, you can't use Crossfire on more than one computer.

I don't have Crossfire installed on more than one computer. Where would Codeweavers get such an idea - unless it's that I did multiple installations of everything on the same computer before I finally got Rootsmagic working.

After a cross ticket to Codeweavers, I tried a complete removal of Crossfire, and then reinstalling. License unlocking appeared to succeed and the license files have appeared in teh appropriate /Opts directory. I reinstalled Rootsmagic and it is working.

It was previously working for several days, which is why I thought somehow my license didn't take.

But, even though everything appears to be working normally, and my license appears to be installed, when I check my license status in Crossfire, I still can't get any information about locked, unlocked, license status, this license good until date, anything. All I get is that long message about using Crossfire on more than one computer, if you don't like it we'll refund your money right now, etc., etc (not one thing said less than twice).

Does everyone see this message in lieu of any information at all about their license status, or is something wrong with my license status becaise Codeweavers has decided I'm using Crossfire on more than one computer?

Yours,
Dora Smith

I was looking for something like Rootmagic, so I installed it on my Ubuntu 19.04 system and it seems to be working fine. Installed fine, and seems to have been running cleanly.

Thanks, but what I specifically asked, is if other people get a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG message about running Crossover on more than one computer, when they try to check on their Crossover license status, and there is nothing else to be found about their license status? Or should I think my license status is screwed up?

Dora

The text located under 'License' in the CrossOver Help menu is the CrossOver Software license. This is the legal document governing your right to use and distribute CrossOver based on your purchase. All CrossOver users see this message.

You can view the status of your support license by logging into your account and selecting "My orders" on the CodeWeavers website: https://www.codeweavers.com/account/edit?inp=orders

Typically if there is an issue with your license status you'll be prompted to unlock CrossOver or will receive other messaging indicating CrossOver is in trial mode.

Hana

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNUFneXp5RUFQVzlNY1FyQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9