CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Office: upgrade your browser

Activation can not succeed at present because "Upgrade your browser: Looks like your browser isn't up-to-date. To continue, upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Edge or your current browser". See screen shot. I can't find any workaround.
This got me in both a new install, and a "Account Error: There are problems with your account. To fix them, please sign in again".
Crossover is 20.0.4 on Ubuntu 20.10.
Office was installed via the download office 365 installer. The installation works, the problem is activation.
I have been using Office under Crossover for a few years. This is a new problem.

https://imgur.com/JNo7maF

Hi there,

We are aware of the issue that some people are having wrt the message about updating your browser. We have a bug tracking this and we are working on a solution.

Best,
Meredith

i also have this problem with office 2016 as it was the only one i could install

Any news on the fix?

Hi there,

We expect to include a fix in CrossOver 21, to be released this summer.

Best,
Meredith

i have the same issue...

VenomSani wrote:

i have the same issue...

Are you using CrossOver 21? That version includes the fix for this bug.

Best,
Meredith

I know that it's a very non-solution, but for many companies using Office 365 in the browser is the standard, that is an option too until Crossover 21 is released

ImmyChan wrote:

I know that it's a very non-solution, but for many companies using
Office 365 in the browser is the standard, that is an option too
until Crossover 21 is released

Just to clarify, CrossOver 21 was released in August :)

Best,
Meredith

In Ubuntu 21.10, the install of Office 365 64 bit doesn't get very far at all.
The error is
'Unable to locate package libldap-2.4.2:i386"
this package has a different version in Ubuntu 21.10

Hi Tim,

We only support the 32-bit installers with Office 365. Were you able to get past the package error you've encountered, or is that still happening? We have not seen that on our internal ubuntu 21.10 tests.

Best,
Meredith

This problem occurs because Ubuntu 21.10 repositories do not have the package libldap-2.4-2 as it only defaults to libldap commons, both on Crossover 20 and Crossover 21.

This is what the logs return:

[MissingLibLdap_r.amd64]
"Title"="Missing 64-bit libldap_r-2.4.so.2 library"

Can I send my logs on a separated post? Would it be safe to share them here?

What happens if you install "Edge for Linux?" Went gold/RTM or whatever it's called now a couple days ago.

Edit: Available for download at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge, among other places.

User Deleted wrote:

This problem occurs because Ubuntu 21.10 repositories do not have
the package libldap-2.4-2 as it only defaults to [b]libldap
commons[/b], both on Crossover 20 and Crossover 21.

This is what the logs return:

[MissingLibLdap_r.amd64]
"Title"="Missing 64-bit libldap_r-2.4.so.2 library"

Can I send my logs on a separated post? Would it be safe to share
them here?

Hi there,

We have a fix for this issue in the CrossOver 21.1 beta.

Best,
Meredith

Micah B. Haber wrote:

What happens if you install "Edge for Linux?" Went gold/RTM or
whatever it's called now a couple days ago.

Edit: Available for download at
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge, among other places.

This error message should no longer be present with CrossOver 21 or later versions, and installing Edge shouldn't make a difference.

Best,
Meredith

I get this same error when trying to log in via an Office app. Just installed 21.1 and did not automatically fix anything. Is there anything I need to do?

1 to 16 of 16

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUUySG11WXhMQ3NZRmQ4OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9