CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SOLVED: Crossover 20 & WordPerfect X3 No File Save/Open/Load functioning?

Hello everybody,
I successfully managed to install WordPerfect X3 using Crossover 20 in Linux Mint 21, but the save/open function won't work.
I can edit & print, though.
I'd be happy to get some help/hint to solve this problem!
Thank you!
Best regards, Boy
boy@boy-herre.de

GERMAN
Mint 20.1 Ulyssa. Crossover 20 mit Corel WordPerfect X3, Speichern?

Post by boyherre » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:45 pm
Hallo Freunde,
es ist mir heute anstandslos gelungen, in Mint 21 mithilfe von Crossover 20 ein Corel WordPerfect X3 zu installieren: Ich kann schreiben und drucken. Aber der Dateizugriff will nicht funktionieren. Der Dialog zum Speichern bietet kein Format an ( z.B. .wpd), eine Datei wird nicht in ein angegebenes Verzeichnis geschrieben (z. B. Dokumente). Ich kann auch keine existierende Dateil öffnen/laden.
Leider finde ich den Fehler nicht. Ich habe gelesen, dass es eigentlich funktionieren soll.
Also: was mach ich möglicherweise falsch? Eine Einstellung in Crossover?
Weiß da jemand Bescheid, kann mir jemand helfen? Da wär ich sehr dankbar!
Bitte keine Hinweise auf "Libre Office", muss nicht sein...
LG, Boy

Solved
I just found out: I have to uncheck "advanced options" in file-options dialog-box; now everything works perfectly within the word-processor. perfectly...
Best regards, Boy

Boy Herre wrote:

Solved
I just found out: I have to uncheck "advanced options" in
file-options dialog-box; now everything works perfectly within the
word-processor. perfectly...
Best regards, Boy

Hi I've installed WPO X3 but can't find advanced options in file-options. Maybe I'm stupid but whereabouts in the interface is it?

Regards Steve

Hi,
I've found it now. It's
tools
settings
files
and on the document page uncheck 'use enhanced file dialogues' which is just in the lower third of the page.

Steve

Although this has been marked as "SOLVED" I would like to point out that the latest Corel Installers are not fuctioning very well so you might be stuck with an older version in case you would like to upgrade at some point.

The installer problems apply at least to CorelDraw, PaintShop Pro and probably WordPerfect 2021 as well. I did a German blog post about this:

https://tumbleweed-adventures.blogspot.com/2018/08/projekt-corel-installationsroutinen.html

Hi,
I've tried Wordperfect X6 as well but with no success. maybe X5 or X4 would work if anyone can find them.

Regards Steve

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUpUYUpXWlBSdGNBSHBMbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9