CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wayland - how to disable and use XWayland

Seems latest version of Crossover uses native Wayland if user is running a Wayland desktop session.

Which would be a logical thing to do, if it worked well. As several people on this forum already noted, MS Office apps are next to unusable because of display lag.

So the question - can I configure Crossover to use XWayland so I can continue using Wayland desktop session, but for Crossover apps to use X11 protocol (and XWayland)?

NB. Running everything as a X11 session is not an option for me.

Thanks

Andrej Falout wrote:

Seems latest version of Crossover uses native Wayland if user is
running a Wayland desktop session.

Wine and CrossOver do not have native Wayland support. I don't know how you're getting this impression.

The only part of CrossOver that might use Wayland natively is the GTK GUI, because GTK supports Wayland. Windows programs can only use X11.

I don't know what's causing the display lag in Office, but it must be something else. It sounds like a regression in CrossOver and/or a difference between XWayland and pure X11.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ2VFVjhTVkxoUGJxQ3FmZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9