CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Enabling EA's in Metatrader 4

Hi Folks, I am converting a PC to Linux and must run MT4 for my work. I was able to get the program installed and running but am having difficulty copying and moving Expert Advisor files to the Linux PC. Any help would be much appreciated...

Ram: 16MG
HD: 1T

Steve

If Crossover is running everything fine, you probably just need to export the files from your Windows machine and importing them in your new Linux machine.

I have found this, explaining how to export them:
https://eatradingacademy.com/guides/expert-advisor-studio/export-ea-metatrader-5/

Good luck!

Thanks, Silvio! I'll give it a whirl...

SCC

Well, I've got MT4 up and running well...except for one issue: I am running dual monitors and stretching MT4 across both (filling both screens). At times I want to pull up email or Brave and the browser (and any other program) is superseded by MT4. The browser/program appears on the screen for a split second, then MT4 returns to the forefront. This requires me to minimize MT4 to view other programs and is a detriment to my work.

Any thoughts on solving this?

Thanks again!

SCC

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZktWUUxiRjRFQ1VkTTVOQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9