CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 365 - what worked for me

CX21.1.0 works great with O365. I had it running well on 21.0.0 with Mint, but recently installed opensuse Leap 15.3.
I used the 32bit online installer (7.xMB file).
But FIRST, pay attention to the last (fourth) screen of the CrossOver window before hitting 'Install'. I missed it telling me that I had a potential openGL problem (didn't pass some simple tests) and had to fight before emailing cust support.
I ran ./cxfix from /op/cxoffice/bin and it told me the same thing.
I started installing different 32bit openGL libraries but ended up installing nearly everything openGL related from my repos.
Then I tried installing O365 again. It worked this time without a warning on the fourth tab/screen.
The Office installer got hung up on 0% the first time, so I quit the bottle, then started over. Except the 2nd time I told CX to install it in the O365 bottle it had already created (everything else had installed fine, so I figured no need to completely begin fresh).
Install started right up and completed successfully.
Registration worked fine, although i had to use my password as the Authenticator option couldn't get through.
all apps seem to work fine so far.
I even managed to install Visio365 (Visio Plan2). It works but only in Safe Mode. I installed it into the O365 container.

I reposted this in the correct area, Compatibility Center Forum., but am unable to delete or edit it here.
Perhaps some mod/admin can remove it for me.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVkxkRnk4bWN0TTNOdmFRYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9