CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't create bottles after cxfix --all

I was having dependency problems but cxfix --auto wasn't picking up on anything, so I decided to use the --all flag. Once it ran, I could start CrossOver, but for some reason cxfix and cxdiag won't work. They just run infintely without any output unless I execute as root. In that case it shows: shm_open(/CAPI20_shared_memory.v01000010, ...) failed - Permission denied

Creating bottles crashes the application, and after reinstalling for a second time, I get the same results. The output when it crashes shows:

--- SIGWINCH {si_signo=SIGWINCH, si_code=SI_KERNEL} ---
crossover:warning: category Multimedia/Video Editing has no localized category name
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/pyop.py:110: DeprecationWarning: setDaemon() is deprecated, set the daemon attribute instead
  worker.setDaemon(True)
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/pyop.py:142: DeprecationWarning: currentThread() is deprecated, use current_thread() instead
  tid = threading.currentThread().getName()
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/pyop.py:142: DeprecationWarning: getName() is deprecated, get the name attribute instead
  tid = threading.currentThread().getName()
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossoverui.py:2271: Warning: g_value_get_int: assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed
  bottleNameWidget.set_text(bottlecollection.unique_bottle_name(bottle_name_hint))

Hi Michael,

What distro are you using?

Best,
Meredith

I'm using Arch Linux (Intel i7, Nvidia RTX 2080)

Hi there,

Hmm, I wonder if you got some packages in a bad state? I'd try updating and seeing if you have any conflicts. If that doesn't either tell you which packages have conflicts or fix the problem, please submit a support ticket.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidWNkdnE1TU1lQlNkRktRUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9