CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot browse from Internet Explorer.

Hey Guys

I installed trial version of crossover on my centos 6 machine. From crossover I installed Internet Explorer 7. I can open the Internet explorer but I cannot brose the internet. I can browse internet from mozilla firefox but I cannot browse internet from Internet explorer. I will really appreciate if anyone can help me in this issue.

Ishor

When you launch IE7, it will always take you to a "run once" page about customizing your settings. This page is generally worthless, and often causes some confusion. If you choose to stick with your current default browser, save your settings, and proceed to your home page on the next series of options this should take you to "wineHQ.org", which is the default homepage in IE7 as installed through Crossover.

More to the point - if you just try to go to www.google.com, or some other reliable website in the navigation bar, does this fail? If so, what type of errors do you see?

Thank you for your response Jack. I

was Getting error as " cannot Display the page" and I solved it by myself. The problem was the proxy was not set correctly. I opened: Manage Bottles>Run Command and entered regedit and went to
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings] and changed proxy setting to 1.

Then I opened the IE explorer and Tools>Internet Options > (choose) Connections "tab" and on LAN settings : select "Use proxy server for your LAN" and entered my address and port number. And after rebooting my system I became able to access Internet in my system

Thanks for your help

Ishor

Hi sorry to revive a old topic but I am new to cross over and I am having some issues.

I need to access the full version of microsoft outlook web access and as some would know you can't on any mac browser.... Anyway I downloaded IE7 and it opens fine(IE that is) but I can't connect to the internet with it :S I will try with IE6 but why can't IE see I am already connected to the internet?

I know it is not a support forum but I need to buy the software before I can get a support ticket (any staff here what the hell?) I don't want to sound cheap but I am a student and can't afford to spend $50 on software that I don't even know will work!! If anyone can help I'd appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Trial users can still reach our support staff via "info@codeweavers.com" or by simply replying to the "thanks for downloading the trial" email. You'll be prioritized below paying customers, but we always get back to you. The forums are much less reliable in terms of staffers replying.

Anyway, to the crux of the issue - OWA premium is basically non-functional in IE with Crossover. The fact that you can't connect to the internet, at all, is troubling (you should certainly be able to do that), but if what you really need is premium OWA access I wouldn't waste much time with IE in Crossover at this time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDRwNWc4S1VxSnBXaGFhciIsImdkcHIiOjB9