CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Minor updates (bugfixes) after support ends

Hi,

My 6 months of support for CO Linux Standard have ended. Today I tried to install MS Project 2007, and stumbled on a CO bug that was fixed in 10.0.3 ("MS Project hasn't been installed for the current user"). I was astonished to find out that I am not entitled to download a bugfix release (10.0.3) after the end of the support period. Having to pay twice just to get a bug fixed leaves me in complete disbelief.

Is there any way at all to solve this bug, and be able to use MS Project 2007, without buying the software again?

I'd start a support ticket, but apparently I'm not able to. My support period ended.

Costas Kotsokalis wrote:

Hi,

My 6 months of support for CO Linux Standard have ended. Today I
tried to install MS Project 2007, and stumbled on a CO bug that was
fixed in 10.0.3 ("MS Project hasn't been installed for the current
user"). I was astonished to find out that I am not entitled to
download a bugfix release (10.0.3) after the end of the support
period. Having to pay twice just to get a bug fixed leaves me in
complete disbelief.

Is there any way at all to solve this bug, and be able to use MS
Project 2007, without buying the software again?

I'd start a support ticket, but apparently I'm not able to. My
support period ended.

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion. You are more than welcome to the 10.0.3 release of CrossOver. I have made it available on your account, just log in and you'll see access to download CrossOver 10.0.3. There is no need to to purchase a new entitlement just to get the bug fix. If you do not see it when you log in, please drop an email to info@codeweavers.com and we'll take care of you.

Caron Wills wrote:

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion. You are more than
welcome to the 10.0.3 release of CrossOver. I have made it
available on your account, just log in and you'll see access to
download CrossOver 10.0.3. There is no need to to purchase a new
entitlement just to get the bug fix. If you do not see it when you
care of you.

Many thanks! I am now downloading 10.0.3.

I'm so happy that this was some misunderstanding, I have been very happy so far with CrossOver (using it on the Mac before, on Linux now).

Thanks again!

Umm, can I have this fix as well please. My subscription is active but 10.0.3 is not visible (though I do see crossover games 10.0.3).

I went ahead and created a support ticket for this as well.

rimez wrote:

Umm, can I have this fix as well please. My subscription is active
but 10.0.3 is not visible (though I do see crossover games 10.0.3).

I went ahead and created a support ticket for this as well.

I'm not really sure which version you are looking for... we just released CrossOver Games 10.3.0 that adds Skyrim support.

Otherwise, your support is current and if you log into your account, the latest version of CrossOver that should be available is 10.2.0. I can see that 10.3.0 for CrossOver Games is available to you and that 10.2.0 for CrossOver is available to you. Is there another version you are looking for?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRk1MRU1oTEVSVHprTHNaNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9