CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

un-install of crossover fails

Good morning:

Unfortunately crossover fails to run the required application and I wish to remove it. It is installed on 32bit debian squeeze. Selecting the 'uninstall' menu item results in the display of a window advising me of the pending removal of all CrossOver files. Choosing 'Proceed' results in the closing of the window and nothing else.
Is removal simply a matter of removing the /opt/cxoffice directory? Will there be dangling files left?

thanks

Mike Stapley wrote:

Good morning:

Unfortunately crossover fails to run the required application and I
wish to remove it. It is installed on 32bit debian squeeze.
Selecting the 'uninstall' menu item results in the display of a
window advising me of the pending removal of all CrossOver files.
Choosing 'Proceed' results in the closing of the window and nothing
else.
Is removal simply a matter of removing the /opt/cxoffice directory?
Will there be dangling files left?

thanks

All that you need do is run:

sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxuninstall

That will take care of most everything still left on your system. Then, you can check for both the /opt/bin/cxoffice folder and the ~/.cxoffice folder to ensure that both have been removed. That should be it. Thanks for giving us a try!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFZoOVFjM0VCSGN2NGR6RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9