CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Changing desktops freezes Xover app

I don't know whether this is a problem with Xover or openSuse or KDE, but.....
Hi folks, for a month or so I have had a problem with the way that a programme interacts with (I think) KDE. If I go away to a different vitual desktop/workspace, the programme in question locks up, using 100% of CPU and I have to kill it. I thought it was due to a buggy openSuse/KDE update and that it would get sorted in time. The prog is a windows prog running flawlessy under Crossover, at least it was until this started. If I put all my open windows on the same desktop, it runs OK.

I have asked the same Q on the openuse forum, here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/453607-changing-desktops-workspaces-freezes-app.html

I hope it is not too rude to 'bump' this, I am still suffering this PITA, it is a real deal breaker for me. I have put it general as I doubt it is app specific. Should I move it to the app forum?

Hi,

To the app's forum would be more appropriate, yes... ie; if it's an actual
issue with the app's interaction with crossover/wine, it's possible to hoist
a bug against that - you can't really do that here =) Hopefully, that may help
other apps similarly effected...

Cheers!

Hi Don, I am working with the 'open in virtual desktop' tweak we discussed on IRC, and am making some progress. If anyone else happens by here via search, try selecting the bottle in manage bottles, go control panel > wine config > graphics and select 'emulate a virtual desktop' HTH
xxxx

There are a few other things you can try if this persists. Further, if this is Crossover acting up, we want to look into it. The best thing you can do is send us a support ticket about this issue (or email ninjas@codeweavers.com). The information that will help us the most... specifically what version of OpenSuse (version, 32 or 64, kernel version may also help). What version of kde and have you ever installed gnome? Do you compiz/desktop effects turned on? Do you have dual monitors set up? How many desktops do you have set up? What application(s) are you running when this happens?

We see issues like the one you are reporting quite a bit and subtle details are often the biggest clues in helping us solve them.

I am certain that putting your apps into windowed mode as Don suggests will help, but we would highly appreciate any insight you can offer on your specific setup that causes this.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2M2d1FCVktXUFFMRXBzeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9