CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

can't get microsoft office to install...no installer file or folder

Hello all,

I am now to crossover. I am trying to get Microsoft Office XP to install. When I click it, instead of having an install button, it has an proceed button. I click proceed, then it tells me to select an installer. An installer file or installer folder. I am confused at this point, because I don't have an installer file or I don't kow what the installer file is. Could someone please help me with this.

Thanks a lot,
Jason

Hi,

I take it you own Microsoft Office 2000 (XP) to install? That, is what Crossover is looking for,
an install disc or file, that has the Microsoft Office 2000 (XP) program installation. For the record,
you should be installing that using the Crosstie profile provided on the following C4 page...;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1544

Cheers!

Sorry for the delayed response. Actually, no I don't own a MS office XP. Since I switched over to Linux, I must have lost that disc. I use Libre Office, but everything doesn't format correctly (i.e., endnote citations). Also, I don't have a disc drive on my laptop, I need to purchase one. Is there still a way to install MS Office XP?

Thank you for your help!
Jason

Hi,

No - you can only install what you own, from the original install media.
Personally, I use OOo (OpenOffice.org) in linux for any such tasks =)

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVGFBdkdlSms3RzlHckZ2dSIsImdkcHIiOjB9