CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver - CentOS4 - Sugarsync

Hi there

For some unforseen reasons, i ended up needing sugarsync under linux...

Since i read that it should work with WINE, but using that i had NO text in Sugarsync (both under CentOS4 x64 and Debian 6 32bits), i decided to try with my copy of Crossover Pro 8.0.

The result was the same under both OSes.

Then i decided to try Crossover standard 10, if it worked, i could buy that (i bought 8.0 when i needed it, but abandoned it eventually).

It worked under Debian 6 32bits

But under CentOS4, it just WONT run, it installs (with no GUI), but it WONT run.

Since it refuses to run (anything) i could only uninstall it by running the .uninstall from terminal (dunno if there is a way to install an app form terminal, that would be nice).

Now, neither WINE menues, nor CrossOver menus go away from my CentOS box.

Debian 6 one has no issues, but the gui did work there.

Any help on completly removing CrossOver 10 from CentOS4 ? (or making it work, for that matter :P), let alone running sugarsync :P

ps: google did not help me with finding compatibility issues
ps2: i will soon install a centOS4 32bits box, if the issues on my x64 bit one are there because of it beeing 64bits, it would be nice to know too

ps*: thx

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

It would not surprise me at all to hear that Crossover's GUIs don't function properly in CENTOS 4. Does the system meet the python, gtk, and py-gtk requirement, here?

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/requirements/

To fully remove Crossover from the system, all you should need to do is run the uninstall script first as user

$ /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxuninstall

and then again with sudo, and it should be purged from your system.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiblJyUndFOW1MaEgzdENKUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9