CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Kubuntu - Office2007 locksup and is unresponsive

Using CXoffice 10.03 with Office 2007 on Lenovo T60, 200Gig hd, 4Gig of Ram.
Since upgrading to 10.0 and 10.03 my Outlook locks up and becomes unresponsive. I keep the Terminate Windows Applications window up constantly... it is the only way to end Outlook so I can restart.

I am connected to an Exchange server. Everything used to work flawlessly until the "dreaded" update.

Let me know what info you need from me, I would hate to revert to Windoz so I can get email. Thank you in advance.

You might be having an issue with over-sized Temporary Internet Files directories. Try closing down Outlook, and then browse to

~/.cxoffice/Microsoft Office 2007/drive_c/users/crossover/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/

Look for any directories within that are of prodigious size, particularly "Content.IE5", and delete the contents of that directory (everything inside "Content.IE5", leaving an empty directory).

Does this improve the behavior?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTU1hc2NnV3RDQlJlaHBjQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9