CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trial Version Standard - Register Pro Version

I installed the demo version of CrossOver Linux (I guess it is the standard version) and decided to purchase the Pro version. Can I simple register my already installed version or do I have to download the Pro version and do a fresh install? I just saw that the pro version is slightly bigger.

Thanks!!

you have to D/L the PRO version - if that is what you want to register & use . . . .

Dominik wrote:

I installed the demo version of CrossOver Linux (I guess it is the
standard version) and decided to purchase the Pro version. Can I
simple register my already installed version or do I have to
download the Pro version and do a fresh install? I just saw that the
pro version is slightly bigger.

Thanks!!

You can register your installed Standard demo if you purchased a Pro license. The Pro license allows you to use Standard, Pro, and Games.

Note that registering your installed standard demo won't transform that copy into Pro. If you want to install Pro, itself (which gives you the ability to publish bottles to multiple user accounts and make .rpm/.deb packages of bottles), you'll need to download and install Pro from your My Account>My Downloads section on our website, as Pierre says. If you want to install Pro, first uninstall Standard:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/uninstall

Read those directions carefully - depending on how you installed Crossover the uninstall behavior can vary, and you don't want to accidentally delete all your windows programs.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVlZMkdVbTUzWWtBSFFkWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9