CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do I manually specify a bottle?

Ok trying to use a downloaded TIE have no clue how to add it to the gui so just going to run it maunaly but how?

think the command would be

./cxinstaller --tiefile=~/cxoffice/share/crossover/data/DiabloIII.tie --installersource=/media/D3C1.0.0/ --bottle=BOTTLE

But have no clue what to sub in for "BOTTLE" to tell it use the XP temp to creat bottle X

if any one knows please some help

Russ wrote:

Ok trying to use a downloaded TIE have no clue how to add it to the
gui so just going to run it maunaly but how?

./cxinstaller
--tiefile=~/cxoffice/share/crossover/data/DiabloIII.tie
--installersource=/media/D3C1.0.0/ --bottle=BOTTLE

But have no clue what to sub in for "BOTTLE" to tell it use the XP
temp to creat bottle X

If you right-click on the .tie file, does it give you the option of opening it with "CrossOver (Install)"? It should. If the default program for .tie files is cxinstaller, you should not have to use a command line. It should open up the installer when you double-click it with the proper bottle specification already entered (You can change the bottle name if you so desire). You would then only need to browse for the installer source if that is not filled-in already.

Now, I am assuming that you do have CrossOver installed and functioning. If not, then you will need to get that first.

Also, what Linux distribution and architecture are you using (e.g. Fedora 16 x86_64 or i686; Linux Mint 11 32 or 64 bit, etc.)? It may be helpful to give more details when you post a question like this.

ok for some reason the association was not made before but got it to run..... however still get the Failed to Extract Required Files From Archive error......

So it seems the TIE wont work....

Russ wrote:

ok for some reason the association was not made before but got it to
run..... however still get the Failed to Extract Required Files From
Archive error......

So it seems the TIE wont work....

Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. The page for Diablo III from the compatibility listing has the status as "known not to work." The forum for the app is your best bet for informaton on that game.

Here's another thought: Have you tried running /opt/cxoffice/cxdiag to make sure all the parts needed by CrossOver have been installed?

Stephen Haffly wrote:

Here's another thought: Have you tried running /opt/cxoffice/cxdiag
to make sure all the parts needed by CrossOver have been installed?

um am running the bin ver so is ~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

I get:
[MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few applications need this."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

could this be it? and how do i fix it?

Russ wrote:

Stephen Haffly wrote:

Here's another thought: Have you tried running
/opt/cxoffice/cxdiag to make sure all the parts needed by
CrossOver
have been installed?

um am running the bin ver so is ~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

I get:
[MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few
applications need this."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to
manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

could this be it? and how do i fix it?

I messed up the line. It should have been /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag. Regardless, you did run what was appropriate for your installation. I don't think that either one of those would be causing the problem. How you would fix it depends on your version of Linux (which you have not mentioned). For Fedora x86_64, I usually use: "yum provides */libtiff.so.4" and modify it to search for whatever library is needed. You would have to use whatever commands are appropriate for your system.

In the case of /libtiff.so.4, it returns with a not found. However, if I change it to "yum provides /libtiff.so." it returns:

Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
libtiff-3.9.5-1.fc16.i686 : Library of functions for manipulating TIFF format
: image files
Repo : fedora
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
Filename : /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3.9.5

libtiff-3.9.5-1.fc16.x86_64 : Library of functions for manipulating TIFF format
Repo : fedora
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.3
Filename : /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.3.9.5

libtiff-3.9.5-3.fc16.i686 : Library of functions for manipulating TIFF format
Repo : updates
Matched from:

libtiff-3.9.5-3.fc16.x86_64 : Library of functions for manipulating TIFF format
Repo : updates
Matched from:

libtiff-3.9.5-3.fc16.i686 : Library of functions for manipulating TIFF format
Repo : @updates
Matched from:

libtiff-3.9.5-3.fc16.x86_64 : Library of functions for manipulating TIFF format
Repo : @updates
Matched from:

So, if I want to install tiff support, I would choose yum install libtiff-3.9.5-3.fc16.i686 and see if that satisfies what cxdiag wants.

In your case, it looks like you really don't have any glaring problems with 32 bit libraries. It was worth asking though.

Check out the WINE page for Diablo III. It may provide the information you need.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25953

not really helping

Russ wrote:

not really helping

Unfortunately, I can't help you. I don't have any more suggestions. I recommend you keep checking the Diablo III program forum. That will be your best bet to get it working.

Russ wrote:

Ok trying to use a downloaded TIE have no clue how to add it to the
gui so just going to run it maunaly but how?

./cxinstaller
--tiefile=~/cxoffice/share/crossover/data/DiabloIII.tie
--installersource=/media/D3C1.0.0/ --bottle=BOTTLE

But have no clue what to sub in for "BOTTLE" to tell it use the XP
temp to creat bottle X

There is a special Unsupported Build for downloading and installing Diablo III, are you using that?

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXJCc3loelViYnZSN1JUQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9