CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS office won't print...

I've just installed office xp using crossover linux on a new ubuntu PC. The computer has a network and local printer attached. Both work just fine when I print from native linux apps (such as open office etc). But when I try to print on either printer from an MS office application I get errors .

For example, printing from word gives the following.
Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup...

I've tried installing the printers and then installing office and also the other way around.

Also it won't print to the pdf printer (cups-PDF) either - same error.

What is annoying is that everything worked just fine on my old computer - I had the same setup as on this one.

I am running ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

OK, I figured out what is different between my old machine (where it worked) and this machine - I installed crossover 9.2 on this machine, but on the old one I have 9.1

THerefore the issue seems to be with the newer version of crossover office 9.2

I have the same problem, i cannot print since the latest crossover update. I tried installing a new printer from scratch to see if this would work (noting that the advice seems to be to delete and reinstall printers, which i am reluctant to do), but that doesn't work either.

Any hints, anyone?

Same problem here! OpenOffice and Thunderbird will print, but Word/CrossOver Office won't.
It's a major show stopper!

Didier

The solution is to backtrack to CrossOver 9.1 (you can obtain it from the archive). I had to uninstall 9.2 first, but I can confirm that this solves the problem. CodeWeavers say that they are working on it (it is a known bug).

John

has this been resolved? I have Xover 9.0 and can't print from Xover/MS Word 2007......worthless without printing.....thanks !!

john h. outlan wrote:

has this been resolved? I have Xover 9.0 and can't print from
Xover/MS Word 2007......worthless without printing.....thanks !!

I use crossover 9.2 on Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora 14, and MacOS 10.6 all with MS Office 2007 with no printing problems, I would recommend downloading the 9.2 demo version and giving it a try too see if it fixes your printing problem. I would also recommend installing in a clean user account, basically starting with a brand-new setup.

I have the new version 10.0.0 of Crossover, and can print my Quicken account, but it will not print Microsoft Office Word 2007 documents unless they are only one page long. One page will print. But if the document is longer than a page, NOTHING will print. I've had to go back to using Apple's Pages program and miss Word. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSDY1TUZYbUtCZjJVYnVmZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9