CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to know if and when to upgrade?

I am a Crossover-linux user since 2004 and my last upgrade was in December 2009 to version 8.0.0. How do I know if it is worthwhile to upgrade? There is no information on de codeweavers website regarding the difference in the different versions. I fact, I cannot even find what the present version is.... From the forum topics it seems that there is a version 10. Suppose you don't have any new applications you want to run, is there than a need to upgrade?

Please provide more info on upgrading on the webpages! I can buy an upgrade from time to time, but I need to know what I get and why I should upgrade!

Thanks for answers and comments!

Ralf

Hi,

There's more an aspect of 'common sense' here than anything else -- you have 'x' number of apps, and they all work fine on your current version of Crossover ; there is no need to upgrade.

Cheers!

ps: I realize that's a terribly short reply, but it does sum the situation well. If you bought some other app (that you don't already use with Crossover) and it doesn't run on your current version of Crossover, that would be a precursor to thoughts of upgrading --- I say precursor, because there's no real guarantee said app will run in the newest Crossover version ; that said, it's straightforward to download the demo of the latest version of Crossover and check the app for yourself, so you know whether or not to buy the newer Crossover version. I hope this clarifies things somewhat...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSG5Ld0FTVVZVdjNTd3U4TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9