CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Compatibility database contents and accuracy
Frederick N. Brier
Frederick N. Brier
Posted 2011-02-01 20:57
In the middle of doing a clean install of Fedora 14 (64 bit) and re-installing my suite of apps, I found that a new version of CrossOver Linux is out. Hmmm... Perhaps I should upgrade...  In checking the change log and compatibility database on what was new, I noticed something odd.  All the versions of Microsoft Office (2003 and 2007) and Internet Explorer (6 and 7) that are mentioned in the change log are not marked as Supported-by-Codeweavers-Gold.  Only Office 2000 and 97 are listed as Gold and no version of IE.  Other than Office, the only apps listed as Gold supported are Flash 7 and some Tru-Type fonts.  Quicken and Quickbooks were not listed.  Weird.  When I bought the Pro 9 version, I could have sworn there were more apps listed with Gold support.  So I clicked the community supported apps button and went to look at some of the apps I have wanted (and tried to get working) in the past: XMLSpy 2004, Macromedia MX2004.  Wow.  They had Gold status.  But when I read the Macromedia MX2004 forum comments, all the latest posts (2007) said it did not work.  And while I got XMLSpy 2004 installed, it crashed constantly.

Sooo... Maybe someone needs to go through the list of applications and mark as Gold ones that Codeweavers is actually supporting and remove Gold status from those that do not work.
Pierre
Pierre Omniscient Mystical Exalted Nigh-invincible Supreme Raging Atomic Dragon Turbo Chief Senior Advocate, Rank 8
Posted 2011-02-01 22:48
actually, NO,  Gold refers to that app & that cx version. - only.

for this reason, it's up to YOU, to run a test PC,
 & test your app with a later version of cx ....
- & post your result(s) into the database, to keep it up-to-data.  😖

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==