CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Outlook / Exchange authentication issues
Chris Shelton
Chris Shelton
Posted 2011-02-09 14:30
I've noticed a couple of support tickets recently talking about issues with outlook having trouble authenticating to exchange servers, specifically:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=833327
and
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=832294

I have also encountered very similar problems, and believe that I have a big clue as to the cause.  I believe that versions of samba in the 3.5 series include a version of the ntlm_auth helper that does not work with exchange authentication.  Samba 3.4.9 includes a version of ntlm_auth that works fine.

I upgraded samba to version 3.5.6, then starting having authentication issues when using outlook to authenticate to an exchange server.  Basically, entering the correct credentials resulted in a reprompting for authentication.  After I downgraded to samba 3.4.9, this authentication process has been working perfectly.  My documentation from an earlier round of samba upgrades & downgrades indicates that I had this same problem after upgrading to samba 3.5.2.  

My system is running Gentoo linux, which has samba 3.4.9 marked as the current stable version and 3.5.6 as the testing version.  I very recently upgraded from crossover office 9.1.0 to 10.0.0, and both versions of crossover have the same issue.  

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==