CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

crossover linux pro and Ubuntu 10.10
Carolin Latze
Carolin Latze
Posted 2011-02-10 02:57
Hi

I am currently running Ubuntu 10.04 with the latest crossover linux pro, which works just fine. I do want to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10. I found some posts mentioned issues with Intel graphic cards, but nothing else. What do you think? Should I upgrade or not? I don't want to loose my MS Office installations....

Regards
Carolin
Pierre
Pierre Omniscient Mystical Exalted Nigh-invincible Supreme Raging Atomic Dragon Turbo Chief Senior Advocate, Rank 8
Posted 2011-02-10 06:13
only upgrade, if you really need to ...
remembering that 10.04 is a LTS version, that will last for three years.
Carolin Latze
Carolin Latze
Posted 2011-02-10 08:37
I am used to run testing, unstable releases and I am usually happy doing so 😊 The only problem I have that I don't want to destroy my crossover installation. So if there are no known issues (and maybe even known working installation of crossover linux pro and office 2007), I would like to upgrade.

Carolin
truaxd
truaxd Supreme Raging Atomic Dragon Turbo Chief Senior Advocate
Posted 2011-02-10 09:03
I run both Ubuntu 10.10 and CXOffice Pro 10.0 w/ Office2007 and find it to be more enjoyable than Ubuntu 10.04 w/ 9.2 (which was my previous setup), just make sure you run cxdiag after you install CXO 10.0 since there are more dependencies than with CXO 9.2 (not really _dependencies_ but packages that provide better support for Windows applications).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTc4NTg3MzkzfQ==