CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

can't find program/start program(noob problem)

I downloaded and installed crossover standard using the software center in ubuntu 10.10. Firstly it is very hard to find crossover on any menu. I had to download an .exe file for it to pop up.I downloaded that file and installed with crossover. Now I can't find that program unless I go to the crossover folder. When I go to the crossover program it gives me no option to open with crossover but only to install again with crossover. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Ummmmm, here it's under:-

Applications -> Crossover -> Install Windows Software

applications should be in the top left most corner of your screen.
( check your screen ?)

& if it's not there, can you list the 1st few apps,
that are under the Application(s) tree ....

Under applications, there is accessories, games, graphics, internet, office, video with each of those containing different applications. Crossover isn't in any of them.

Mine says:-

Accessories
Crossover
Education
Games
Graphics
Internet

etc etc

so, it seems that the crossover app did not install it's menu correctly.

try re-installing it - again,
if that does not work, ( ie: install a menu)
then DL the app from this cx site & install that

I'm assuming that your are currently only using it as a 'Demo" ..
that is - you haven't registered / paid for it - yet.

😀

yea im at a loss here. I tried downloading a different version (generic installer) and I just don't understand the installation instructions. All the instructions are for pro also..are they the same for standard?

" Log in as the user who will be using CrossOver and locate the installation script. It will usually be called install-crossover-pro-10.0.0.bin but may have a different name, especially if you downloaded it. Once you have found the installer, run it as follows:

$ sh install-crossover-pro-10.0.0.bin"

I changed it to crossover-standard-10.0.0.bin..is that right? I don't understand what 'run it as' means. Does it mean I right click on the file and run it from the command line or from the terminal?

I'm beyond annoyed. I just downloaded an installer from the software center. the center says its installed but it is not in my applications. Is this a typical ubuntu thing? Why would something be 'installed' but with no sign of it on my cpu. Why wouldn't the software center give you a link to where the app is? All I need to do is run korean websites in internet explorer. that's it. I'm sure I'm making a mistake but this should be a lot more intuitive than it is.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXFiR0pNZHF6YUNtTjNCdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9