CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel macro that should call Solver doesn't work

Hello All:
On a PCLOS machine, I am running MS Office 2003 under Crossover Linux Pro 10.0.0. Solver is enabled as an add-on in Excel and it is properly loaded as a reference under tools in the MS VB editor. I can run Solver just fine in Excel itself. However, when I try to run a macro (originally built into a spreadsheet on a windows machine) that calls solver the Solver parts don't work. No message box, but no changes in the values controlled by solver. Also, if I try to record a new macro on the PCLOS machine that includes solver it is not properly recorded.
Any ideas?
When I installed MS Office I recall that I did get a message saying there was a problem with installation but then it all seemed to work fine anyway. Until I tried the macro today. Delete and reinstall?
Thanks in advance,
Jim

This is an update. Jack Phinney responded to the trouble ticket I filed and told me that this is likely due to issues with visual basic in general. As a workaround, I installed MS Office 2000 and the macro works fine.
Cheers,
Jim

Nearly a year later and with the new version 11 I find that macros that should call solver in Excel 2003 still don't work.
Arrrgggg.... At this rate I will be a WinXP user for life. And no, LibreOffice does not take the place of Excel. Close but not there yet.
Cheers,
Jim

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUlZQTlhXNUFRejdZOXNmZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9