CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Where are the program icons?

Running Ubuntu 11.04 and I just installed the trial Standard version through the Ubuntu Software Center. The installation seemed to go without any problem, but there I can find no icon anywhere to run CrossOver. The only icon i can locate is in the Applications and it is for Uninstall. That seems sorta strange -- software that only wants to be uninstalled??

How do I run Crossover?

lwalper wrote:

Running Ubuntu 11.04 and I just installed the trial Standard version
through the Ubuntu Software Center. The installation seemed to go
without any problem, but there I can find no icon anywhere to run
CrossOver. The only icon i can locate is in the Applications and it
is for Uninstall. That seems sorta strange -- software that only
wants to be uninstalled??

How do I run Crossover?

I assume you are using the Unity toolbar. Unfortunately, it scatters the various "would be" menu items throughout the application (by name of course). The easiest way to find them is to use the search bar at the top to search for 'CrossOver'. If you have any further trouble, please feel free to email ninjas@codeweavers.com.

During the installation I included the option to place an icon in the toolbar -- that didn't happen. When I click on the toolbar "Applications" and do a search for CrossOver, again all I see is an icon to uninstall.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmVRYjgzVlQyVFJ2dnRQNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9