CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Duplicate Menu Entries In Same Bottle

I have the Tortoise SVN program installed in a bottle menu on Fedora 14. I recently updated it from 1.6.15 to 1.6.16 using Tortoise's MSI. After running the update I have duplicate menu entries in my Applications -> Windows Applications -> TortoiseSVN menu. I think the problem may be because I have both TortoiseSVN.lnks in the cxmenu tree and entries in the cxmenu tree.

I have tried recreating the menus for my TortoiseSVN bottle with no luck.

I'm getting prompted by TortoiseSVN to update again, but am reluctant to get a 3rd set of programs in my menu.

Any ideas?

What exactly are you referring to by "cxmenu tree"? Do you mean the menu editor inside Manage Bottles>Control Panel? If not, can you use the menu editor to disable the duplicates as a workaround?

Also, if you go into

~/.cxoffice/bottlename/desktopdata/cxmenu

Do you have multiple StartMenu directories? Or perhaps multiples of directories or lnk files somewhere therein that could be removed, and then refresh the menu itself with a logout/login?

Thanks for the quick response. I just renewed and installed Crossover Pro 10.1.0, logged out and in, tried rebuilding the menu with cxmenu and checked the bottle contents for duplicate files and links. No luck. I don't know if the screenshot image will make it, but here it is. [image=file:///home/hgoldschmitt/Desktop/Screenshot.png]

I'm afraid that screenshot didn't go through.

Looking at your first post, I see you updated from Tortoise 1.6.15 to 1.6.16 using Tortoise's MSI. This seems perhaps overly simplistic, but is it possible that you've actually got two separate Tortoise bottles, i.e. a new one was created during your installation of 1.6.16?

How did you go about re-creating the menus, in the first place? Just using "cxmenu" in terminal? Did you manually go into Manage Bottles>Control Panel>Edit Menus and disable/re-enable the menu items? If not, can you check out that Edit Menus section and see if there are duplicate items, within, that you can manually turn off?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmhnVVB6UHNDcllRYkVZciIsImdkcHIiOjB9