CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2010 Cxoffice 9..2.0 opensuse 11.4 -- Registration Screen has garbage looks like a font issue

Until recently I was using cxoffice 9.2.0, with Quicken 2010 and Fedora. I recently decided to change to Opensuse 11.4. When I install quicken I got 3 errors which I just skipped. (I didn't have this problem on Fedora). 1 Had to do with the Arial Font, 1 had to do with IE 6.0 I forget the third.

Anyway Quicken installed seems to run, but I can't do on line updates because it isn't registered. I can't register it because the registration page goes up looking garbled. I installed fetchmsftfonts
and sourced the shell script

linux-hp1:/usr/share/fonts/truetype> ls /usr/share/fonts/truetype/[Aa]*
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/andalemo.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ARIALNI.TTF
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/arialbd.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ARIALN.TTF
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/arialbi.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/arial.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ariali.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ARIALUNI.TTF
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ARIALNBI.TTF /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ariblk.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ARIALNB.TTF
pnatusch@linux-hp1:/usr/share/fonts/truetype>

Below are the error messages that I got while installing quick 2010

[image=file:///home/pnatusch/Desktop/ArialError.png]
An error occurred while running the 'Installing True Type font: Arial' task
/home/pnatusch/.cxoffice/installers/
ddca80018c86ae60c185ff db3c283788 'is of an unknown
installer type for True Type font: Arial

[image=/home/pnatusch/Desktop/IE6Error.png]
An error occurred while running the
'Installing Internet Explorer 6.0' task
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 'is of an unknown
installer type for Internet Explorer 6.0

[image=/home/pnatusch/Desktop/NETFRAMEWORK.png]
An error occurred while running the
'Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0' task
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 'is of an unknown
installer type for Microsfot Framework 2.0

First, you can use our tip to skip the registration:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4775;tips=1

If you run ~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag you should get a list of packages CrossOver needs. It may be that you are missing some.

It sounds like all of the components for Quicken 2010 did not install properly. If you continue to have trouble you should consider opening a support ticket. BUT, before you do that, you may also want to consider trying a newer version of CrossOver; 10.1 is available on our site as a trial (and CrossOver 10.0 should be available in your account).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUxOUUxzUXozbXZGVzV0ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9