CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Adobe Pagemaker 6 problems

I would really like to be able to open PM6 files on my Linux machine! A couple years ago PM6 was on the run list for Wine, doesn't seem to be on there now. It loads and runs, but hangs up on the font matching. I can solve by loading the fonts, and can cancel that part. The show stopper is that links to some graphics are in the files. The graphics are embedded, but PM6 still wants to search for the links. On my XP machine I can simply hit "cancel" and and everything is fine. Apparently PM6 starts to search for the graphic link when it puts the link menu box up, and CrossOver hangs up when it starts searching. I get the "busy" cursor, but can't stop the search for the link. I'm going to try copying the file it's looking for over and see if that helps, but I really don't know where it's trying to look. I may try making a bare template (delete the troublesome files) and see how that works, and creating a new document.

Anyone else have a problem like this, or better a solution? I want to get rid of Windows, but need to open those old files and would like to be able to use PM6 a bit longer, until I learn a native Linux DTP program. I know about Virtual Box, might be forced to use that, or dual boot. I really hoped CrossOver would be the answer!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjlhQ0pOZHA1R051eHN4diIsImdkcHIiOjB9