CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running copied program???

I have an address database program that I copied from my old XP box. Just copied the program and database over. I tried running the .exe file and it wouldn't work... at first. I couldn't just click on the .exe file. If I do I get a Crossover "Run Command" box but all I can do is hit the "cancel" button. If I right click the .exe file and chose "open with", then "Crossover (run)", the program runs as it should. I ran the installer, and it created a bottle, but nothing is in the bottle since it didn't install the program. Not sure if that made any difference at all. The installer seemed to be hung up when the program launched the first time, and the installer didn't stop until I closed the program. I don't think this is a Crossover issue that needs a support ticket, but if someone thinks it is...

The program and data files aren't in a bottle or the "c:" drive. I'm sure that's the problem! I just run it from the folder I copied it into. Since it works I'm okay with that. I'd like to get a desktop icon and/or get it in the menu though. Is there an easy way to do this since I didn't exactly install as Crossover expected?

When you right click a choose to open with Crossover the application is open with your default bottle.

When you select Run a Command you manually select a bottle and the bottle you are selecting does not fulfill the dependencies of your app. (but your default does, so create a launcher with your default bottle)

In CrossOver select your default bottle, click on run command, browse the app and click on "Create Launcher" (Bottom Left Corner)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieFhWYlVyQXJ1UWQ4Z0xMSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9