CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver + Crossover Games

I bough crossover pro and I want to use crossover games.
First I install crossover pro. Works fine. Then I install crossover games (and unlock demo package).

The main problem is that crossover pro is missing for me. Even I use terminal (cxoffice) I don't see pro. I see only games.

If you can help me...

I use opensuse 11.3

Greeting
Przemek

Hi,

I think I've heard about something like this before -- did you use
the shell (.sh) installer? Did you install into your home dir or into /opt?

Cheers!

Hi,
I used rpms.

Or I should use other installation ways?

Greetings

Hi,

I am not sure exactly...iirc, someone on IRC had exactly the same issue
and I think they were using SUSE as well. From what I observed of their
problem, it seemed like the menus from one installation of Crossover were
being mishandled and overwritten by the subsequent install of Crossover
Games. What you could try, is using the shell (.sh) installer(s) instead.
If it were me, I'd install Crossover into the /opt location and make sure
that went as expected -- then, I would install Crossover Games into my
$HOME directory (not /opt) and see if that gives the desired result...

If that approach doesn't work, please let us know...

Cheers!

ps: remove the existing .rpm based installations before using the .sh approach.

Found a solution to this issue.

I had the same problem when installing both crossover pro and games (including the .sh installers). The problem comes because the files that make the shortcuts in the menu are having the same name and KDE tries to make sense of it.

I solved it by renaming and modifying the files that form the menu structure.

All this was done in Runlevel 3, just to make sure there are no things being overwritten when logging out of KDE

First I changed the entries in /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/cxmenu-cxoffice-0.menu into this (added Pro+)

<Include>
      <Filename>Pro+Install+Windows+Software.desktop</Filename>
      <Filename>Pro+Manage+Bottles.desktop</Filename>
      <Filename>Pro+User+Documentation.desktop</Filename>
      <Filename>Pro+Terminate+Windows+Applications.desktop</Filename>
      <Filename>Pro+Run+a+Windows+Command.desktop</Filename>
      <Filename>Pro+Uninstall.desktop</Filename>
    </Include>

Then I renamed the .desktop files in /opt/cxoffice/support/desktopdata/cxoffice-0/cxmenu/xdg-applications/CrossOver accordingly by putting Pro+ in front of them.

The KDE menu may not reflect the changes immediately, apparently it takes a refresh.

The naming in the menu is not depending on the name of the files themselves, so the entries in the menu are still the same.

This was done on openSUSE 11.3 with KDE 4.4.4, crossover Pro 9.2 and crossover games 9.2.1.

Regards,

Steven

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUxoZnkyRkJoVnVwR0hYTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9